Friday, March 25, 2011

Baggage

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I have some baggage. Yes, my dear smart asses, I do. Over the past 4 years, I have been able to let most of it go. At times, I really believe that I’ve been able to let all of it go. Then, all of a sudden, a certain situation will present itself where I immediately revert back into the Shannon from years past. I will be my happy go lucky self, and then, almost instantly after something happens, I’m sad, upset, even terrified at times. I hate that. All that drama was years ago, so why now, why in the happiest time of my life do I allow the baggage from the past back in? The answer is I just don’t know. I try to control it, but some things are just bigger than I am.

So, just as I did years ago, I am performing the same task to help myself get passed the fear, the sadness, even the anger. What task, you ask? That’s an easy one. I write it down. There has never been anything in my life more therapeutic than writing my thoughts and emotions down. It helps me to actually put words to my feelings, and it makes me stop, think about what I’m doing and how I'm feeling, and realize just how incredibly absurd it is. And the best part? You, my dear readers, get a new blog out of the deal. Yay you!

So yeah, now that I've put all of this down, I feel better.  And the best part?  I didn't have to go into the gory details of just how stupid I was for reacting how I did.  All I have to do now is make a phone call and apologize to the person that deserves it most.  God knows he didn't deserve the reaction he got. 

And with that, I bid each of you adieu. I hope that each of you have a good day and a great weekend.

2 Comments:

At March 25, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Mrs. Turkey Bird said...

Love you, friend! (and I'm glad you're writing again!)

 
At March 25, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger ~Joey~ said...

Blogging is the one thing I miss from MySpace. I like your blog background. I need to set mine up. I hope everything gets better. I understand how you feel about the past creeps up on ya. And I get mad too, believe me. But each day is a new day and I do my best to move forward. Look out for "Memoirs of a Hair Dresser's Son" coming soon to a blog near you! :)

Joey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home