Thursday, March 18, 2010

Yes, I was once a Big Guy!

I'm not sure how the conversation came up at work this morning, but somehow we started talking about losing weight.  I asked them all if they had seen my "fat pic", and they looked at me like I was crazy.  So, I pulled out the trusty ol' iPhone and showed them my fat pic.

Picture was taken in October of 2006:

















It was interesting to see the look on their faces when they saw this picture.  A couple of them didn't even believe that it was me.  Of course, people here have never seen me without a goatee, so that adds to it.  Of course everyone wanted to know how I lost all the weight, etc.  I just told them that it was a rough part of my life and left it at that.  Told them that's a different story for a different time.

In looking at this picture, it dawns on me again just how far I have come in my life.  I was at a completely different point in my life when this picture was taken.  I thought I was happy then, but looking back on it, I didn't even know what happy was.  Today, I know what true happiness is...and I am so very thankful for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home