Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Catching Up ... And Moving Forward ...

The last couple of weeks have been absolutely crazy.  Started out on March 7th with my foot getting into a fight with (and, consequently, losing to) the screen door on the back of our house.  The door scraped off the top layer of skin off the back of my left foot, thus taking away my ability to wear shoes.  Next day, I came down with a sore throat.  After having the sore throat for a week, I went to a "Doc-In-A-Box" on March 14th who did a strep test.  The test came back negative, but I did get diagnosed with Conjunctivits (Pink Eye).  Sooo...I got to work at home for a couple of days.  However, my throat never did get much better.  A week after, I just couldn't deal with the sore throat anymore, so on March 21, I went to MY doctor (no more "Doc-In-A-Box for ME!) and the strep-test was re-run.  Came back positive this time, so onto the drugs I went.  After staying home most of Monday and all of Tuesday, I am back to work today, and I am feeling SOOOOO much better.  Yay for being back amongst the living!

Now, on to other topics.

Tim and I have had alot of really big decisions to make over the last few weeks.  After having waited WAY too long, we've decided to make some legal changes in our immediate family.  (Sorry to be vague, but we haven't had the opportunity to tell everyone just yet, and I certainly don't want people to find out by reading it on a blog.)  I promise I'll make an announcement on here once these changes are complete.

We've also been discussing our upcoming nuptuals.  As most of you know, we had planned on getting married this summer (July of 2011).  Well, now that we're in March of 2011 and nothing has been done with it yet due to our getting into our new house, having to buy a new vehicle, and other financially straining circumstances, we've officially changed our timeframe to be summer of 2012.  Tim has already made his decisions as to who he is going to have stand up with him and has already spoken to them.  I, on the other hand, have only spoken to one person about it.  I know of one other person that I really want to ask, but it could be a very sticky situation since I'm pretty sure that the person that introduced me to the person I want to ask (which also happens to be his boyfriend) would have his feelings VERY hurt if I didn't ask him since I knew him first.  Who in the world knew that THIS would be so difficult?  I realize that it's "our" day and we need to do what "we want", but at the same time, I don't want to cause issues a) between me and others and b) between those that I ask and their boyfriend.

Eloping looks better and better all the time.  :)

1 Comments:

At March 24, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Mrs. Turkey Bird said...

So, here's the thing -- you're only allowed to elope if I get to come along too! And at that point, you might as well plan a party. :) Just sayin' :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home