Friday, March 18, 2011

A Blessed Life

Last night, I was having a little family time with Tim and our niece Taryn.  We were playing catch-up with Glee episodes on our DVR.  About 10 minutes before the show ends, Tim pauses the show and announces an intermission.  Taryn looked at him like he had two heads and asked what he meant.  I explained to her that he couldn't watch an entire hour long show without having an intermission.  (Yaayyyy ADHD!)  She smiled, and she got up to join Tim and myself in the kitchet to get a drink.

After we all had our drink in hand, Taryn and I head back to the living room.  Tim took a detour somewhere, so it was just the two of us in there for a few minutes.  All was quiet since Zae was in bed already and the television was paused.  Next think you know, we hear Tim in the kitchen again, just singing to his heart's content.  He was just being his goofy self.  I smiled, and I announced to Taryn that I truly am blessed beyond words to have that man in my life.  I said that as much as I love him, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that the man of my life would turn out to be THAT (as I pointed toward the sound of goofy singing drifting in from the kitchen).  We both giggled just as Tim walks into the living room.  He stops, looks at me, and says "I know you're talking ugly".  I just laughed and denied it; Taryn then told him that what I said was actually very romantic.  He looked at me, smiled his award winning smile, and returned to his seat.  As for me, well, my heart melted just a little more, and I once again thought to myself, Wow, I really am the luckiest guy alive.

1 Comments:

At March 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Mrs. Turkey Bird said...

Awwwwww!!!! Such a nice glimpse into your evening!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home